My Healthy Homemade Strawberry Preserves
Seriously…eat all of this that you want!
Contains about 2 cups of strawberries, at only 57 calories per cup …come on eat!!!
- The Sure Jell has no calories or carbs.
- The erythritol has no calories or carbs.
- Best of all…erythritol has absolutely NO AFTERTASTE! (I can’t stand stevia, monk fruit or any other that I have tried)
It’s so fresh tasting and almost NO work!
I have a policy against TOO much work in the kitchen!
Very IMPORTANT…DO NOT use the directions on the Sure Jell. Use mine…it has been perfect every time!
- One large carton strawberries (if you can’t get organic then soak for 30 minutes in 1/4 cup baking soda then rinse completely before using)
- One small package Sure-Jell for low sugar recipes.The package is Pink.
- 1 cup erythritol
- 1 cup water
- dash of sea salt or to taste
*Optional: Grapefruit seed extract as preservative if you think it will last more than two weeks (it probably won’t)
- After rinsing the strawberries, chop them finely and put them in a saucepan.
To get them finer, use a hand held mixer after you have added the water.
- Add all the ingredients and stir over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Let it come to a lazy boil for about 20 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool for about an hour and then pour into a sanitized quart jar.
Let it cool all the way before putting the lid on and then place in refrigerator.
Keeps at least a week or two. If you will keep longer, add a little Grapefruit seed extract as a preservative.
Makes exactly one quart.
Description of sweetener.
Whole Earth Sweetener Co. 100% Erythritol, 4 Pound Pouch, Natural Sugar
Alternative, Baking Substitute, Zero Calorie, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Keto
I buy the 4 pound bag on Amazon for 15.98- lasts for weeks.
Great with Blueberries or Peaches
If you want it more liquid as in syrup… add another cup of water.
Wanna Kick it up a notch?
I sometimes add a few shakes of red cayenne pepper! That’s because I LIKE things How and SWEET!
PS: Please share this with anyone who is trying to eat healthier. (even if they are skinny)
PPS: Do YOU want to be slimmer?
I am bringing you something fabulous this very weekend.
Guaranteed or your money back.